Please read these terms and conditions carefully. When you book your stay with us, you are entering into a contract which binds you and us in various ways. Your payment is taken to be your acceptance of our terms and conditions. All bookings are made with Sumners Ponds Ltd (“the company”) and accepted by the company on the strict understanding that the person signing the booking form / making an online booking (“the hirer”) does so on behalf of all the persons named on it, each of whom has read the following conditions of booking and agrees to be bound by them. “The Site” refers to any park under the control of Sumners Ponds Ltd. Together with your booking form and confirmation, they comprise the complete contract and no agent or employee of the company has any authority, express or implied to alter the terms and conditions of this contract unless authorised to do so in writing. This agreement and any disputes are to be dealt with subject to English Law.
- You agree to abide by the rules of the park and “conditions of stay” where you are staying. Copies of the rules are on display at the park and on the website and you may obtain a copy of the rules from reception.
- When you book by telephone or in person you must pay the required sum and if any amount is remaining it must be paid in full upon arrival before accommodating your pitch. When you book by internet you must pay the required sum in full to complete your booking.
Cancellation by the company:
- Your booking will be held open for you until 1pm on the day following the arrival date, unless particular arrangements have been agreed in advance. If you have not arrived by 1pm the day after arrival then we reserve the right to cancel your booking, without refund.
Cutting short your holiday:
- If you feel the need to cut short your holiday with us after it has commenced, we regret that no refund of monies can be made to you.
Cancelling/Changing your holiday:
- If you wish to alter your reservation details in any way from those shown on your confirmation, whilst we will endeavour to accommodate your changes, we cannot guarantee them and we will not refund monies paid. Any changes must be made with at least seven days’ notice. To qualify for transfer of funds paid to a new date you must give us at least seven days’ notice otherwise all funds will be lost. When rebooking all funds must be used and cannot be deducted from the total in instalments. If you qualify for transfer of funds, we will hold the credit for up to one year from date of cancellation. All monies paid are non-refundable.
Arrival and departure Times:
- Pitches: check in time is from 1pm on the day of arrival. The pitch must be vacated by 12 midday on your day of departure. Log Cabins: check in time is from 3pm on the day of arrival and departure is by 10am on date of departure. PODS: check in time is from 2pm on the day of arrival. The pitch must be vacated by 12 midday on your day of departure. The pitch/facility/area of stay must be left in a clean and tidy condition and you are responsible for any damage or loss sustained during your stay.
- We will endeavour to meet your special requests, (specific pitches etc.) but regret that they cannot be guaranteed.
- Pets are only permitted on site provided they are kept under control at all times. Dogs that must be muzzled by law are not allowed on our park at any time. All dogs must be taken OFF THE SITE via the nearest exit to be exercised. The grass areas of the touring site MUST NOT be used as dog walking areas. All pet waste must be picked up and disposed of in the bins provided. Your pet is your responsibility whilst on our site.
- All prices include VAT at the prevailing rate and are subject to change if the rate or application of VAT changes. In the event of a change in the VAT rate or rules during the course of the year, you will be invoiced at the new amount of VAT unless you have already taken your holiday or paid the balance in full prior to the date of change.
- All pitch prices are per pitch and per person per night, the cost is based on the charge and rate due for each night’s stay, your holiday may contain more than one nightly rate during the length of your stay dependant on the season.
- Your booking is accepted on the basis that your confirmed pitch is available for your use on the agreed date. Very occasionally, unforeseen circumstances may not make this possible and in such a situation we have the right to cancel your booking. In this event, we will endeavour to offer you an alternative pitch, if available. If we are unable to do so or if you do not wish to accept the alternative offer, we will refund all the monies you have paid to us. We regret we cannot offer you any compensation or meet any expenses or costs you may incur as a result of such cancellation or change irrespective of notice period given by us. No liability is accepted or compensation paid for incidental losses or damages.
- In the interest of all visitors, the company reserves the right to refuse to hand over any pitch to any person or groups of persons at its discretion. In such cases, all sites fees paid will be refunded in full and the contract shall be discharged without further compensation.
- If, in our opinion, any person is not suitable to continue the stay because of unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or annoyance to other holidaymakers or staff, we reserve the right to exclude the holiday party from the park. In this event, the hirer shall remain liable for any damage caused to property. No compensation shall be payable to the hirer.
- We reserve the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise. Should you subsequently alter your requirements, we cannot guarantee to provide an appropriately sized pitch.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to any particular unit type where we see fit. This maybe a result of a particular unit not being in a good state of repair or is not suitable for our site. Continental units including, but not exclusive to; Hobby, Tabbert and Fendt and units of similar style are not permitted on our campsite.
- Children under the age of 18 years are not permitted to stay on site on week nights during term time.
- The size of your unit, including any awning or gazebos, must be stipulated at the time of booking to ensure that the allocated pitch is large enough.
- Grass pitches. On our grass pitches we DO NOT allow ground sheets, carpet pieces, inner tents and bedroom annexes with solid plastic type built in floors. We do accept certain GRASS FRIENDLY ground sheets. If unsure please check before using, but please do not use any type of plastic sheet to protect your ground sheet. Please help us to protect the grass pitches. Any type of ground sheet etc. can be used on our hard standing pitches.
- The Company cater for families and couples and reserve the right to not accept bookings from all male or all female parties of three or more persons. We also reserve the right to refuse any booking. One person in each party has to be aged 21 years of age or over.
Availability of facilities:
- Whilst we endeavour to provide all facilities advertised on our website, we reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities without prior notice and without any liability to pay you compensation or damages for the loss of an advertised facility.
- We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation for cancellations to your holiday or damage to your outfit e.g. tent, caravan, mobile home etc. (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of the holiday) due to force majeure, i.e. any event that we could not foresee or avoid. Such events include but are not limited to industrial disputes, war, or threat of war, civil disorder, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions and all similar conditions.
Your property and belongings:
- Your vehicles, their contents and accessories, your luggage and personal belongings are left entirely at your own risk. We will not be held responsible for any loss from or damage to any vehicle or outfit from any cause whatsoever other than negligence of the company, our employees or agents. Commercial and transit type vans are not permitted on site. Any booking arriving with one of these will be asked to leave the towing vehicle in the arrival car park of the site. Other than this, the booking will be cancelled by the site.
Comments and complaints:
- Whilst we aim to provide the service you have come to expect, there are occasions when unforeseen short-comings may arise. You must advise the park manager immediately of any problems with your accommodation so that remedial action, if appropriate, can be taken. We cannot accept liability in relation to any short-comings or claim of whatever nature, if you fail to notify us of the complaint or claim during your holiday and confirm to us in writing within 21 days of the end of your holiday.
- Whilst we are happy to provide activities for children, the park is not a child care facility. Please note that at all times the safety of children is the responsibility of their parents or guardians. The playground closes before dusk every day. Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied to all of our facilities.
Your camping/accommodation area should be kept tidy and in a good state of repair. This includes keeping your pitch tidy and clear of clutter including gas bottles. Gas bottles should be stowed away with-in the gas compartment of your unit. Failure to comply with this rule could result in you being asked to leave without refund.
- We shall not be liable for the death or injury of any person named in the booking form or visitors/guests or for any loss or damage to property of any such person howsoever any such death, injury or loss or damage may be caused otherwise than as a result of our negligence. Whilst every care is taken to ensure that the details shown on this website are correct, the company cannot accept responsibility for errors contained therein or the results thereof.
Health and Safety:
- The site and parks are based on a working farm in a rural setting. As such there are a number of natural and animal made hazards i.e. uneven levels, animal burrows, wet and slippery surfaces, to name a few but this list is not exhaustive. By nature of having fishing lakes and ponds there is deep water on site. In particular young children and vulnerable individuals should be supervised at all times. When making a booking you accept that you have read our Risk Assessments, which are displayed in Reception and are available upon request.